Benjamin Franklin’s Virtues and Precepts
· TEMPERANCE -Eat not to Dullness, Drink not to Elevation
· SILENCE - Speak not but what way benefit others or your self. Avoid trifling conversation.
· ORDER -Let all your Things have their Places. Let each Part of your Business have its Time.
· RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
· FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste nothing.
· INDUSTRY - Lose no Time – Be always employed in something useful. – cut off all unnecessary Actions.
· SINCERITY - Use no hurtful Deceit. Think innocently and justly;and, if you speak; speak accordingly.
· JUSTICE - Wrong none, by doing Injuries or omitting the Benefits that are your Duty.
· MODERATION - Avoid Extremes. Forbear resenting Injuries so much as you think they deserve.
· CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no Uncleanness in Body, Clothes or Habitation.
· TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at Trifles, or at Accidents common or unavoidable.