I’ve adapted this list from others I’ve seen. Not rocket science, but how successful are you at maintaining success in all 5 areas? During this holiday season, make the tough choices to care for yourself, NO MATTER WHAT. Daily pressures will tempt you to deny your true needs but remember: you can’t help anyone else if you are depleted physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally.
1. Be kind to yourself. Respect your own needs, emotions, and desires, no matter how “crazy or irrational” they may seem.
2. Take care of your health so you’re ready for any challenge the day may bring.
3. Create work and home environments that nurture you.
4. Create a supportive network of friends and colleagues.
5. Spend time daily in recharging activities--quiet time, exercise, hobbies etc.
© 2009 Laura Lewis-Barr all rights reserved