Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gallup Research Confirms the Importance of Employee Engagement and how to Achieve it.

To identify the elements of worker engagement, research firm Gallup conducted many thousands of interviews in all kinds of organizations, at all levels, in most industries, and in many countries.

These 12 statements -- The Gallup Q12 -- emerged from Gallup's pioneering research as those that best predict employee and workgroup performance.The 12 elements of great managing are:

1. I know what is expected of me.

2. I have the materials and equipment to do a job right.

3. I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.

4. In the last week I have received recognition or praise.

5. Someone at work seems to care about me.

6. Someone at work encourages my development.

7. My opinions seem to count.

8. I am connected with the mission of my organization.

9. My co-workers are committed to doing quality work.

10. I have a best friend at work.

11. In the last six months, someone has talked to me about my progress.

12. In the last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.


Read full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment