Learning how to handle conflict well yields enormous benefits. Here are some to consider:When we bring up opposing ideas, we know that others will listen.
· When we argue ideas everyone feels safe to be honest.
· We find the best creative solutions to problems by examining opposing viewpoints.
· We respect each other and are not troubled when we don’t agree.
· We are able to respectfully critique each other and hold each other accountable for stellar work.
· We are more productive because there is less time wasted on grudges or gossip.
· We have much better working relationships.
· We know and understand our colleagues better because we don’t shy away from difficult discussions.
· We enjoy our jobs more, and are able to challenge each other to do better work.
· Our teams are stronger.© 2013 Laura Lewis-Barr all rights reserved