Thursday, February 27, 2020

Prepping a Presentation is Like Prepping to Paint

Years ago, I tried to paint a room without much preparation.  I skipped using tape and just tried to wipe any spills along the baseboard because I was going to be "very careful."  Of course, this didn't work. 

In the same way, in the past I didn't always outline my message and align the main points before going to my powerpoint deck.  I didn't always send enough time to truly digest and understand my message in a deep way.  

When we  go through the work of prepping a room for painting, when it is finally time to get out the paint can, it is a much easier and fun job to lay down the new color.  The actual painting moves much faster and the dramatic change seems to happen almost instantly.

The same is true for prepping a new presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment