These may seem overly obvious but, in today's world, don't we need these regular reminders to slow down? Are you following these guidelines for a more balanced life?
Here are several practical tips to reduce stress:
(1) Be realistic and don't try to be perfect, or expect others to be so.
(2) Don't over-schedule; cut out an activity or two when you start to feel overwhelmed.
(3) Get a good night's sleep.
(4) Get regular exercise to manage stress -- just not excessive or compulsive exercise -- and follow a healthy diet.
(5) Build time into your schedule for reading or a nice long bath.
--Adapted from Science Daily